About Me

My photo
I believe that Life should be an adventure.. it's what you make out of it. I don't believe in the ordinary, I try to achieve the extraordinary in what it can offer. I love going out with my friends and having a good time, laughing, goofing off. I don't take myself seriously...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ah.. a discovery..

Sometimes your passion is right under your nose and although you always kind of knew about it, you weren't quite sure how to go about achieving it. Therefore, most people start second guessing themselves and before you know, the idea goes to the abyss to the rest of the " I can't ever do that" pile. I realized I do love food, I love learning about it, shopping for it, watching it be made, eating it, and writing and reading about it. The television always has the Food Network on. I love to explore the new kitchen gadgets at Crate & Barrel. Walking through Union Sq. farmer's market relaxes me. Helping my boyfriend cook and brainstorming on creative recipes brings me closer in our relationship. As far as expressing my passion, I love writing restaurant reviews and now blogging. I don't know if I will be a head chef of a five star Jean George or a home cook to a family one day. However, I do appreciate that food brings people together and cooking is one of those activities that allows you to engage all your 5 senses into.

I would like to continue looking for a career in marketing, but hopefully skills that I can transfer to a global food magazine or the hospitality industry. I will be going to Italy soon so I hope this journey can teach me a little something about myself and my passion. I hope it also gives me a little bit more faith in myself. I hope one day to have a family and be able to spend time with them. That is a luxury that I didn't have as a child. Therefore, I would love to have a job that brings my family together and leave our stomach happy. It would be a dream to work as a food critic, write in magazines, be on television, travel, learn constantly on cultures, and have my own business. I'd love to entertain, party plan and perhaps have my own cook book. Let's see where this can lead.

No comments: