About Me

My photo
I believe that Life should be an adventure.. it's what you make out of it. I don't believe in the ordinary, I try to achieve the extraordinary in what it can offer. I love going out with my friends and having a good time, laughing, goofing off. I don't take myself seriously...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The story begins...

This all started last summer with my present boyfriend, Marco. Now before I jump into a sappy story of how we met, fell in love and other nauseating details, you have to get a background of who I am. Well I am a 23 year female who grew up in New York. I lived from the outer boroughs of Queens since I was 6. Prior to that I lived in China, perhaps that is why I am so fascinated by culture and foreign accents. I always considered myself as a curious individual who always wanted to reach the outskirts of a distant island, fulfill my life to the fullest, that type. As I finished college and started my first job, it wasn't so easy to live life as jet'setter. The reality was at that time, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I had an interest in fashion, loved food, and ofcourse, travel. I wanted to start a second life, observe other cultural differences and make up for what my own life lacked. It's hard in New York City, where everyone goes to work at 9 on the dot, cigarette breaks 3 times a day, and bitches about how overtime is not accounted in our paycheck as we finished another report at 6pm. I don't want this so called city life, it appealed to me at first. I had internships at NBC and SONY where I was first in line to observe the glamour and prestige of working behind huge corporations. The high ceiling walls, the large waving flags that breeze above your head, the daily people watching of high business executives exiting private limoscenes to their penthouse office overlooking midtown Manhattan.

These ofcourse were just observations and would never validate the actuality that I was apart of that lifestyle. Instead, I was an assistant working 10 to 11 hours, resenting the 9 to 5 office career. I posted pictures of Paris on my white board and would glance at Travelocity.com, often shouting across the room to my coworker "Hey!! Paris!! It's on sale!! DISCOUNT!! THAILAND!!! Who wants to go"

Since that summer, a lot has occured. I don't know the secret behind how life works, I guess one finds out when they're in their older stages of life and they can put the memories or "pieces" rather into the complete puzzle (I call this YOUR LIFE). In short, let me explain how this Marco came along and became my new Italian travel guide-boyfriend for a 4 week trip to Italia. So long to the postings on the wall and dream vacations, I've become more spontaneous and welcome new experiences without continuous worry and analyization of life's outcomes..

Read second post on Marco, feel free if you want to skip it. I was once so shy and socially awkward to the other sex and now I end my texts with XOXOXOXO. Repulsive, I know.

No comments: